FAME II is a 1-day Focused Acute Medicine Echocardiography (FAME) course that covers both theoretical and practical emergency echocardiography skills required for healthcare professionals working in acute, emergency and critical care medicine.
This course is the first step to achieving FUSIC or BSE level 1 echocardiography accreditation.
Benefits of the Course
- No prior echocardiography experience required.
- Full day course covering basics of echocardiography with a combination of short lectures and an emphasis on individual supervised scanning time.
- 3.5 hours minimum practical scanning time.
- Live models and state-of-the-art echocardiography simulators (CAE) for assessing live pathology.
- Interactive case based assessments of pathology with prizes.
- Expert faculty with extensive echocardiography and teaching experience.
- Cutting edge echocardiography machines supplied by GE and Phillips.
- Pre-course learning and video materials provided.
- Refreshments and lunch provided throughout the day.
About the course
FAME II is a 1-day Focused Acute Medicine Echocardiography (FAME) course that covers both theoretical and practical echocardiography skills required for healthcare professionals working in acute medicine. This course is the first step to achieving FUSIC echocardiography accreditation or BSE level 1 accreditation.
The course includes lectures from experienced FAME faculty, as well as 3.5 hours of individual practical scanning sessions.
FAME II is FUSIC accredited and supported by the British Society of Echocardiography (BSE).
Endorsed by the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography, the professional society devoted exclusively to cardiovascular CT.
“The standard of teaching and resources were among the best I’ve ever seen at any practical course!”
J. Holland (Perioperative Medicine Registrar)